Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: fyi... (_PTA_ CDs in the Bay Area)

From: L-H@cup.portal.com
Date: Tue, 7 May 91 10:54:50 PDT
Subject: Re: fyi... (_PTA_ CDs in the Bay Area)

d noted the two _PTA_ CDs at Compact Disc Warehouse (in Sunnyvale on El
Camino).  I saw those on Saturday night, and frankly couldn't believe:
1) The price.  Granted, it's the most valuable item in that store at the
   moment (in terms of pure music magic, that is), but I have to wonder
   if they'll ever sell th at that price.
2) The fact that they were even there.  I've never seen boots at CDW
   before.  I'm sure someone there knows that they are boots, as well.
   I remember there being a sign stuck to each saying something like:
   "These songs are not typical CD quality.  No refunds or exchanges."
   I wanted to talk with the clerks about them, but it was 6 minutes
   past closing time, and they were busy trying to kick people out of
   the store.  Of course, if any Love-Hound would like one, let me
   know, and I'll go see if one's still there.  It _is_ pretty damned
   expensive, though don't you know...

Larry (l-h@cup.portal.com)