Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KT to direct Prince video

From: larryy@Apple.COM (Larry Yaeger)
Date: 7 May 91 00:20:58 GMT
Subject: Re: KT to direct Prince video
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <1991May06.014758.7725@ariel.unm.edu> lazlo@triton.unm.EDU (Lazlo Nibble) writes:
>larryy@Apple.COM (Larry Yaeger) writes:
>
>> What I was really a bit agog about was that Kate was directing *anyone*
>> else's video besides her own.
>
>I felt the same way at first but if you think about it it makes perfect
>sense . . . she's a creative person and she's *good* at it ...

Yep, on reflection it certainly does make sense for her to apply her
obvious talents in such a way.  Although I do feel that when she directs
her own music, she expresses her musical composition, arranging, singing, etc.
talents, plus her choreography and dancing talents, plus her visual story-
telling, graphic composition, directorial and editing talents, and so on...
but will be able to bring such a small subset of those talents to bear on
a Prince (or anyone else's) video that it bothers me a bit.  Still, if it
does come to pass, I know I'll be excited about seeing it.  And anything
that broadens Kate's creative opportunities is fine by me.  And then, of
course, Kate simply wouldn't do it if she didn't want to... it's really
her business!

By the way... someone else mentioned that Van Dyke Parks might have made
an appearance on Twin Peaks... that is correct, as Leo Johnson's lawyer,
Mr. Racine.
--
-larryy@apple.com

"You wouldn't recognize a *subtle plan* if it painted itself purple,
and danced naked upon a harpsichord, singing, 'Subtle Plans are Here Again'."
                        -  Edmund Blackadder