Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TOUR NEWS?

From: Wingerde van FJ <fjvwing@cs.vu.nl>
Date: 6 May 91 14:08:48 GMT
Subject: Re: TOUR NEWS?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cs.vu.nl
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

DREAMING@U.WASHINGTON.EDU writes:

>A friend from Brussels sent the following|

>KATE WEER OP DE PLANKEN

>Na haar eerste grote hits,in 1978 alweer, is zangeres Kate Bush een
>keer op tournee geweest.  Hits heeft ze in de tussentijd nogel gehad.
>En nu, ruim twaalf jaar later, verraste Kate haar fans|  ze gaat weer
>optreden!  Zou ze al die oude nummers nog kennen?

"After her first few hits, back in 1978, singer Kate Bush went on tour once. She
has had quite a few hits in the meantime. And now, twelve years later, Kate
surprised her fans! She's going to tour again! Would she still know al those
old songs?"

I guess it says nothing we didn't know already. The tone and choice of words
suggest a target audience of 13-15 year olds.

>This appears as caption to a 3" x 5" foto of KaTe in te fll
>(sorry!)--KaTe in the floorlength red dress and double bass of Babooska,
>in the lower right corner of page 45 of the magazine (?) "Yes".  Could
>a Nederlands-speaking Love-Hound kindly translate and save me consulting
>my "woordenboek"?  I believe the text is of general interest.
>--kim

fjvwing@cs.vu.nl