Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Milgram's 37

From: stevev@greylady.uoregon.edu (Steve VanDevender)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 91 09:45:19 PDT
Subject: Milgram's 37

Joel (Treadway?) (treadway@ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu) writes:

>P.S.  I still hold that Milgram's 37 is an alcoholic beverage - or at least
>it should be.

I can see it now--"Milgram's 37: The drink for when you want
someone else to be responsible for your actions."

I'm getting more and more inclined to get _This Woman's Work_.  A
local record store can get the Japanese box set for about $170,
which appears to be competitive.  And I know that it would take
me far more time and money to find find all those B-sides.

I sent off for _Rhodes Vols. I and II_ last weekend, and said
that Vickie and the Love-Hounds sent me.  I'm quite curious to
get the tapes--from everyone's enthusiastic descriptions, it
sounds like the sort of new music I could use in my life.

Laurie Anderson appeared in Eugene Monday night, and it was
really fascinating.  I wish I had gotten the chance to see the
Strange Angels tour, since Laurie basically just talked for two
hours, sang a couple of short simple songs, and showed a couple
of video pieces she'd done, so it wasn't quite as musical as many
people I know were expecting.  However, she is a fascinating and
entertaining speaker.