Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

In Jon's usual style he's taken the ball and run clear out of the
stadium with it.

I've repeated "the human being as house" that Kate mentions many, many
times and it really doesn't have a thing to do with rape.  The
question of whether to shut things out or let them in is fairly
common in Kate's work.  I don't think there's enough justification
for the idea that _Get Out of My House_ deals with such an uncommon
theme when it's clearly even more applicable to a fairly common theme.

_Leave it Open_ in many ways seems to be the much the same idea.  Right
down to the "cleaning" references.

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com