Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

Um, no it doesn't particularly bother me.  The Japanese edition has
clearly been tweaked to make it more attractive to the fans.  That's
nice but much of the material that has been added is simply not the
sort of thing that Kate would put in one of her albums.  Biographies?
Articles about Her?  When has Kate ever done such a thing?  This is
a Kate collection by Kate fans (or perhaps Kate promoters).  I wanted
a Kate collection by Kate.

To me, much of the extras in the Japanese set (most of which appeared
to be in kanji anyway) are very much a case of guilding the lilly.

Still, anyone still considering a boxed set should have a look at the
Japanese set before buying.  Personally, I'll take the simple English
rose over the guilded lilly.  I do wish she'd included the B-side
lyrics but I can be kind to that mistake...

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com