Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hey footah! etc.

From: barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger)
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 91 09:27:30 CDT
Subject: Hey footah! etc.

Greg: I, for one anyway, never dreamed you were trying to make the booklets
CD-sized...  Let's not let this thing get hung up for five years coz we're
too much the perfectionist, like certain divinities we know and love...?

Ron, I can't wait, I'd dreamed of doing the same thing (text only), but
pictured it as taking months, a team effort.  This will put some fire back
under my annotated lyrics project.  Vickie's a tad worried about the strain
it will put on the mailing-list people (them esp, coz they only get their
mail every few weeks!).

Rumor has it that Hannibal is releasing the complete Incredible String Band
catalog on CD this year... They were an influence on Kate thru her
brothers, and I strongly recommend you checkmout...  It's psychedelic Irish
folk-rock, with very much the same kind of passionate uninhibited soaring
religious brilliance that Kate has shown.

Larry:  boy you make the Japanese set sound tempting.   Dunno if I can
afford it, though.  Anybody know if CSide has "Passing thru Air" in at the
promised $26 price?

I picked up a 2ndhand cd of "Song Cycle" by Van Dyke Parks, originally
released 1968.  It's a lovely playful Sgt-Pepper-ish 4-track-to-the-limit
production.

"She's pretty and high... and a lie..." The Roches