Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: This Woman's Work CD booklet

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward J. Suranyi)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 91 12:24:35 PDT
Subject: Re: This Woman's Work CD booklet
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <1991Apr11.174945.11288@cs.dal.ca> you write:
>I think that December will be Magic Again was recorded late in 1979 - too
>late to be released in time for the holidays of that year. The single was
>shelved until the next year.
>
>mike (2 tests tomorrow and then the sig gets changed)

Actually, there are several different versions of this song.  The first
was what Kate sang at at the 1979 Christmas special.  It was supposed
to be released as a single that year, but got put off.  Kate sang the
so-called "bongo" version for the ABBA Snowtime Special.  Finally,
a third version was released as a single in the fall of 1980.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov