Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: MisK.

From: dbk@tove.cs.umd.edu (Dan Kozak)
Date: 11 Apr 91 15:47:58 GMT
Subject: Re: MisK.
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@mimsy.umd.edu

In article <CMM.0.90.0.671143041.abm4@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu> abm4@cunixa.cc.columbia.EDU (Andrew B Marvick) writes:
>   Finally, IED digresses for a moment from his usual subject, to
>comment on Virginia Astley's family: her father is not just any old
>movie-score composer. He is Edwin (Ted) Astley, the father of Sixties
>spy-genre music.

I didn't mean to imply anything by refering to him as a "film
composer" -- but I didn't know any of this, he was just Pete
Townshend's father-in-law to me (he did some string bits that show up
on one of PT's _Scoop_ albums).  Thanx for the info!

#dan

Clever:         dbk@cs.umd.edu    | "Softly her tower crumbled in the
Not-so-clever:  uunet!mimsy!dbk   |  sweet silent sun." - Nabokov