Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

convention/AATHP news

From: Jeff Tucker <R3JMT%AKRONVM@vm1.cc.UAKRON.EDU>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 91 21:33:05 EDT
Subject: convention/AATHP news

We are close to being done with the convention
post-mortem and I can fill you all in on a
few details. Attendance topped out at about 80,
but this includes people who didn't register and
those who were volunteer staff (ie, me, Jeff Medkeff,
Bill Barwick, et al). Not all of these people were
there at the same time, I don't think we had more
than forty there at once. Jeff wanted me to say
hello to Richard and Melissa in Columbus as well
as all the other Love Hounds people he met.
 I also wasn't surprised that Scott was selling
stuff at the convention, after all he did rent the
tables he used. The convention turned in to a
financial success in a very small way for both the
American Association of Them Heavy People and
CD Connection.
 There is a video party in the planning for July,
and we are considering a variety of locations and
dates. We will let you know what we come up with.
 Also we would like to announce the second convention
sponsored by AATHP, which will take place, we think,
in May, 1992. As with the video pary, we should have a
hard date for you in a few days. This second convention
will be co-sponsored by Columbia Records.
 Mr. Ed Suranyi, Jeff Medkeff will be writing you
shortly on various topics of interest.
 In other AATHP news, you can all expect a joint
statement from us and Columbia Records regarding
what we expect and hope will be a long and fruitful
partnership. We are currently working with various
people in Columbia to help assure the next album
is well promoted and we get more than one single.
In any case, Columbia is very enthusiastic about
AATHP, and they are going to great lengths to
help us out in many ways. When we issue the
press release, I will retype it here.
 There have been a few inqiries for Little
Light's address: PO Box 221, Cuyahoga Falls,
OH 44222.