Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

sTuff

From: the element of laughter <woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 91 19:10:50 EST
Subject: sTuff

hi ho, kermit the frog here reporting...well not really, but...

yeah, KaTe did a *whole bunch* of station ids back during the _hol_ period.
i have one of her iding whrw in binghamton, ny (home for me). it's quite
silly actually since she mis-pronounces the name of the city "bing-hamp-ton"
(in typical fashion - *everybody* mucks up the name of that city). unfortu-
nately, the tape that i had it on self-destructed a few months ago, but not
before i dubbed it. however, that tape that it is on is now in germany...i'll
be joining it next week though for a week long vacation visiting meredith in
munich, so i should be able to get it back soon. and i'll bring all hello's
and hi's from the love-hounds to her as well...

ed: just wear the damn KaTe shirt. if you want to, wear it. who cares what
edie thinks of it if you like wearing it. :)

skinnerbox: hmmm...how to describe? well, hang on a bit and let me put it on
the stereo...alright. darkish sounding, very dramatic (or perhaps theatrical).
if you like hugo largo or hetch hetchy, you'll probably like skinnerbox as
well. they have two albums: an eponymous debut and the latest (from last sum-
mer) called _the playhouse_. i like them. quite a bit (disclaimer: those com-
praisons are *approximate!* :)

the machine: they play alot in the new york/new england area. as deb sez, they
are worth checking out if you are a floyd fan.

i'm a bit behiond the times, but bear with me...

fave KaTe album: called me a heretic, but i like _never for ever_. i con-
sider it, as many others do, the bridge between the pop "old" KaTe and the
intricate "new" KaTe. and as far as i'm concerned, it's perfect. it captures
both essences of her sensuality and her creativity. neither of which i can
do without...

fave KaTe tune: "the morning fog" followed closely by "my lagan love", "unde
the ivy" and "burning bridge".

thoughts on _lionheart_: it seems i like this album more than the average
love-hound as well. hoever, where detractors can identify what it is about
it that they don't like, i have *no idea* what it is that attracts me to it.
but every once in a while, i get consumed by a need to hear "symphony in blue"
and "fullhouse". _lionheart_ is a "continuation" of _tki_ in some ways, but
the songs are distinctly different, darker in many ways and more maniacal i
think. perhaps that is what attracts me to this album...i am not sure.

michael: tell me more about this (probably) bootleg cd that you ordered. from
who? was there any additional information? my guess (and this is just con-
jecture!) is that this will be the demos in a different format. similar things
have happened with the hammersmith film's audio track. there are two cds of
the hammersmith show: _burning desires_ (which is a poor quality transfer from
the video) and _KaTe bush live_ which is transfered from the laserdisc.

also, just a warning to KolleKTors: there are *two* covers for _if you could
see me fly_. one is the closeup that bears resemblance to the back of the
_lionheart_ cd and the other is the red sundress shot with the double bass.

woj