Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Japanese This Woman's Work

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward J. Suranyi)
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 91 12:45:47 PDT
Subject: Re: Japanese This Woman's Work
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>  Today's question: is there any difference between the Japanese and
>UK editions of the _This Woman's Work_ box sets?  Other than the paper
>strip on the outside of the Japanese box, that is.
>
>	-- John

This is second hand information, but here goes:  The cover of _The Kick
Inside_ is the Japanese one, not the British one.  The Japanese one
is the famous picture of Kate in a pink Leotard.  (For Americans,
the British cover is the only one that Kate chose herself, it's
the "kite" cover.  There is also a Canadian cover.)

I've been told that the cover of _Never For Ever_ is also different,
but I doubt this because I never heard of a different Japanese cover
for this album.

Also, some claim the sound is better than the British box set.  I
don't know if this is true.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov