Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate and Midge Ure

From: cse0735@desire.wright.edu
Date: 7 Apr 91 18:21:23 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate and Midge Ure

In article <32462@mimsy.umd.edu>, dbk@TOVE.CS.UMD.EDU (Dan Kozak) writes:

> In article <9104041724.AA08802@das.llnl.gov> ed@das.llnl.GOV (Edward J. Suranyi) writes:
>>>What's that station ID they have?  Something like, "This is Kate Bush
>>>and you're listening to the sensual world on WHFS."  Y'know, that's probably
>>>not even close.  But the idea is there.
>
> That sounds pretty close to me.  They have another, older one too.
> Something like, "Hi, this is Kate Bush and whenever I fly across the
> Atlantic I listen to WHFS."  I remember the first time I actually
> heard this one (I'd heard about it) it started just as my car went
> into a tunnel and I lost radio reception.  I set a land speed record
> getting thru that tunnel, but missed the end anyway. :-)
>
>>Geez, if anybody has this station ID on tape I'd LOVE to get a copy.  I'd
>>pay all expenses, of course.  The same goes for the station ID I've
>>been told KROQ Los Angeles has.  KITS San Francisco plays Kate quite
>>a bit, but they've never managed to get one of those IDs!

That's amazing.  KITS in San Francisco can't get a station ID from Kate
but tiny little WWSU here in Dayton can.  "Hi, this is Kate Bush and you're
listening to WWSU".  It's generic but it's her.  It sounds like she's on the
phone with a really bad connection.  WWSU is Wright State's radio
station and when I say tiny I mean parvial (10 watts).  I can't pick it up when
I leave the parking lot.  Obviously, someone there has connections.

Greg Blouch
Wright State University
Dayton, Ohio