Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The ongoing Get Out Of My House discussion

From: graham@ug.cs.dal.ca (Michael Graham)
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1991 13:22:04 -0400
Subject: Re: The ongoing Get Out Of My House discussion
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cs.dal.ca (USENET News)

In article <m0jOIlk-0001CQC@coyote.datalog.com> judi@coyote.datalog.COM (Judi McKernan) writes:

>          Hmmm.... all the mail concerning the "true meaning" of
>Get Out Of My House is very interesting, and I've enjoyed the thread
>immensely. But, here's my two cents worth. I, personally, haven't
>decided yet what the real meaning of the song is. To me, it's not
>that important. I'm one of those folks who, rather than "straining
>my brain" when it's not yet ready for it, prefers to simply ENJOY
>KaTe at this point in time. I'm just not familiar with her exact styles,
>nuances, personal philosophies yet to venture a truly educated guess! So,
>until then, I just sit back, listen, and let the music flow, even if I'm
>still somewhat ignorant on the "bottom line".......
>
>          Maybe someday!
>
>                judi

Where's an Alan Ginsberg when you need one!  :)

I tried racking my brain trying to interpret some of Kate's songs, while
listening to them and I wasn't enjoying the songs (as much). I prefer to
just put on The Dreaming and let it wash over me. Same goes with most music
I listen to. I am interested in the meaning behind Kate's songs, but I don't
feel that I can interpret them (well I can interpret *some* of them...).

Something that hasn't been mentioned in the GOoMH discussion is that just
after she says "I turn into the Mule", the man says something - I can't make
it out. Also, during the Hee Haws the man is talking - can't make that out
either...

mike

--
Michael Graham         |  "The only thing I know about backmasking is that
graham@ug.cs.dal.ca    |   when you play your records backwards it f*cks