Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate on LaserDisc?

From: tlhouns@ns.PacBell.COM (Lee Hounshell)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1991 01:38:51 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate on LaserDisc?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@ns.PacBell.COM (Pacific Bell Netnews)

In article <1991Mar29.231934.5821@cs.ucla.edu> tj@CS.UCLA.EDU (Tom Johnson) writes:
>Hello everyone--
>
>A friend of mine who is lucky enough to own a LaserDisc player
>is searching for a few Kate videos, but he's having a hard time
>finding any.  I told him I would ask the other 'hounds and see if
>anyone has a list of what's available in digital KT video.

I have the Hammersmith video on 12" laser, along with the Sensual World video
on 8" laser.  I've seen people with Japanese imports of HoL, TWS, and The
Singles File, and I've been trying to get copies of any of them for about
12 months now.  I've placed several orders with laser disk importers here
in the San Francisco Bay Area, but they all are unable to get a delivery.
If anyone knows where I can get any/all of these, I'd greatly appreciate it!

If anyone wants the Hammersmith/Odeon video on 12" laser, there was ONE COPY
at "Laser City" in San Francisco as of last Saturday.  I believe it retailed
for $38!! (pretty good deal, IMHO).  The Sensual World 8" is pretty common.
Laser City takes visa, and I believe that they'll ship to you.  Their number
is (415) 474-9722.  The store is located at 1433 Bush Street, S.F., CA. 94109.
If anyone reading this picks it up, I'd be interested to know.

Lee

BTW, does anyone know who/what KaTe is refering to at the start of the 9th Wave
(In "And Dream of Sheep") when she says "Come here with me Lee?"  Hey, I'm ready
to go.  She just didn't say where.