Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: tours, etc.

From: declann@scol.sco.com
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 91 15:18:47 GMT
Subject: Re: tours, etc.
Cc: declann@scol.sco.com

gb10@GTE.COM (Gregory Bossert) writes:

> are there no irish love-hounds?

There are, its just that we're been keeping a low profile on gaffa !

> i've been told that being associated with
> Planxty (the source of many of KaTe's irish musicians) is somewhat like
> having members of Peter, Paul, and Mary play on your album:  i.e. uncool.

Planxty was one of the foremost Irish folk bands of the seventies and
they have been extremely influential in this field.  Also, the excellent
Christy Moore was once a member, amongst others (Donal Lunny too ? I forget).
Anyway, what with the emergence of groups such as the Pogues and the
Waterboys in recent years,  I don't think Irish music has ever been as
"cool" !  Though I sincerely trust that this isn't the reason people
are getting into it.

> hmm, better footah out of here before i get opinionated, or somethin'
> -greg -- gb10@gte.com

Declan
declann@sco.COM