Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Why Deify Kate?

From: jpyburn@maestro.mitre.org (John Pyburn)
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1991 18:04:20 GMT
Subject: Re: Why Deify Kate?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@linus.mitre.org (News Service)

Hear hear ! (At least on the deification). Personally, I don't think it
is related to her beauty, just a sign of a very talented artist who appeals to a relatively small group of people. I have seen the same
treatment given to early Genesis (with Gabriel) , other early art-rock bands, and Joan Armatrading, to name a few. Personally, I think you
do a disservice to the person who is also an artist to think of them in anything but human terms.

However, as a new reader of "gaffa", I must say that some of the nicest
thoughts and people I've run across on the net seem to reside here, so,
do what you will.

Question -- I saw a collection of four singles packaged as a Fan Club Pack with a "message from Kate" and a version of "Let It Be" live by
Kate "and friends". Anybody tell a neophyte like me what this is ?