Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Lionheart

From: Richard Caley <rjc@cstr.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 27 Mar 91 12:27:10 GMT
Subject: Re: Lionheart
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@aipna.ed.ac.uk

In article <1991Mar25.145503.22374@wam.umd.edu>, Mark Steven Katsouros (msk) writes:

rjc> I think if I had to pick one which I would lose fewest body parts
rjc> before parting with it would have to be The Sensual World. But only
rjc> because it, unlike the others, has a couple of weak songs (Walk
rjc> Straight Down the Middle and Deeper Understanding).

msk> What?  These are two of my favorites!  (Who am I kidding; all of
msk> KaTe's songs are my favorites.)  Seriously, you must at least be
msk> able to appreciate DU given that you are using a computer to
msk> access this wealth of Kate sTuff!  And, geez, WSDTM is what gives
msk> The Sensual World sensuality!  I thinK a re-evaluaTion is in
msk> order...

Actually I really like the fade out on WSDTM, but the rest does
nothing for me. I find the Sensuality in TSW in the title track and
The Fog.

As for DU, maybe it just reminds me of work too much (I work on speech
synthesis).

--
rjc@cstr.ed.ac.uk	And through the wire we send our tailor made speeches.