Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

re: Lionheart

From: "k.a.hargie" <hargieka@clutx.clarkson.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 91 19:57:40 EST
Subject: re: Lionheart

What do I like about Lionheart??????

Well I wouldn't trade Coffee Homeground for anything.....I love it!
It's humorous, delectably haughty and naughty, and when im in an
evil mood nothing compares.  On other notes Oh England is a marvelous song
as is Hammer Horror and Kashka.  Also In the Warm Room while being a
relatively simple song for KaTe at least is wonderful ( ok so I like
this song for sentimental reasons primarily but still!).  Now that
I think about it there isn't one song on this album that I don't NOT
like.
I think (maybe??) that one reason that people may not appreciate this
album as much is because it is rather simple.  But, in it's simplicity
there are slips and hitches that make this album good.  Another thing
that people may find disturbing is that this album has a lot of raw
emotion.  KaTe goes from a very powerful hatred, to the erotic, to the
humorous, and every other emotion in between.
Yes, TD and HOL are excellent no doubt, but Lionheart has it's own
postive qualities.  How many other artists would write a song like
Kashka?

Kirstin "Harg"

"And you won't get me in a hole to rot.
put me in a six foot plot