Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

The short answer is: I don't know, but I doubt it.

I've seen two different versions.  When I originally encountered the
guy selling these they were printed in two colors on yellow stock.  The
second color was barely noticable unless you looked at the pass very
carefully.  The pass was virtually identical to the program for the
Duffield show with a picture of Kate dressed as if performing _Strange
Phenomena with the big ball in the background.  This ball was very
subtley shaded with tiny red dots (newsprint style) to appear more
orange.

While it seemed unlikely to me that these would be real it also seemed
unlikely to me that a bootlegger would bother to invest the extra
money to print in two colors just to produce an shading that is barely
noticeable anyway.  I went ahead an bought one just on the off chance
that they were authentic since some of these passes almost certainly are.
Would a bootlegger invest the money to put holigrams and four color
printing on these things?  I doubt it but maybe someone else here
knows better.

More recently I've spotted the same fellow selling an obvious copy of
the same pass.  These are poorly printed (they may even be photocopies)
in black only on purple stock.  So did he run out of the real thing
and make cheap fakes or did he run out of the good fakes and make poor
fakes?

When I talked to him originally he said that he buys excess passes
from the printers.

Does anyone know what these things would look like if they were real?

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com