Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

the handsome cabinboy

From: halley!tzone!dwelch@cs.utexas.edu (Dan Welch)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 91 14:07:43 CST
Subject: the handsome cabinboy

Fellow love-hounds, with better hearing than mine:

What is the last verse of "The Handsome Cabin Boy"?  It seems to
be the most crucial one in the whole song, and yet I just can't
understand what She is singing in the third line.  "For 'tis I ..."
and then I'm lost.  Thanks for help from a desparate man.

| Daniel Welch			      | "Kate Bush is the sort of performer   |
| Tandem Computers, Inc.	      | for whom the word 'superstar' is      |
| Austin, TX, USA		      | belittling."			      |
| halley!tzone!dwelch@cs.utexas.edu   | 	Mike Davies, _Melody_Maker_   |