Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Bulgarian voices

From: houghge@expert.cc.purdue.edu (Gerald Hough)
Date: 22 Mar 91 23:57:47 GMT
Subject: Re: Bulgarian voices
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@mentor.cc.purdue.edu

Sorry for this glut of postings-  I just got on from a week of heavy
schoolwork and I'm trying vainly to catch up on 4 groups!!!!!!

Anyway, to the biz at hand..,..

In article <9103211357.AA23000@danpost.uni-c.dk> D6I601@VAX87.AUD.AUC.DK writes:
>If any of you were as fascinated by the performance of the Trio Bulgarka
>on The Sensual World as I, then you should check out //Le Mystere Des Voix
>Bulgares, vol.3 / Disques Cellier CD017 (1989)// !!! The power in this
>music is incredible !

I got one of The TRio Bulgarka's albums- The Forest is crying-  and it
it really cool!  It's in the vein of gypsy music, so most people won't
like it-  then again, most people don't like KaTe (%^(...  It's made
for rainy afternoons and as mood music late at night.  I can't under-
stand what they're saying, so I make my own stories to go along with
each song-  There is one song that really moves me- the way these three
women meld their voices knocks me on my keister every time!
   If you go to a record store that has a decent import/collectable
section, you probably can find this one without much trouble.  Oh, the
album is on Hannibal records, and if anyone wants their address just
E-mail me and I'll send it to ya!

Ta Ta!

-Goooooooch.  (%^>

|   Gerald E. Hough II             |Collect:KateBushSistersOfMercyCure|
|   houghge@expert.cc.purdue.edu   |Like:ClannadFraceGallBerlinDigital|
|   Purdue University Physics Lib. |UndergroundLedZepJourneyBauhausNWA|
|       -     -    -    -          |NikKershawELO10000ManiacsREMEnigma|
| "Have a cola de mono on me..."   |JeanMichelJarreVangelesJamesHorner|