Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

the beginnng

From: <THOMASDL@UIUCVMD>
Date: 22 March 1991 11:31:15 CST
Subject: the beginnng

well...we all seem to be discussing how we discovered Kate, so I guess
I'll join in.
Apparently I'm one of the ancient ones here -- I discovered Kate
back in 1976/77 when I was watching (oh damn, what _was_ it called...)
that video program hosted by Wolfman Jack...  Anyhow, they played two
videos by some woman ( I didn't catch her name!), and I was hooked.
My initial reaction was: weird....yet in the ensuing days I couldn't
get the videos out of my mind!  I think they were Them Heavy People, and
...nope...can't remember the second.
Anyhow, a week or so later, I found an album by one Kate Bush, and there
were those songs I had heard!  The cover (of the US release) looked sortof
like a country western LP (at least that's what I thought when I first saw
it), but I was entranced by the lyrics on the back.  So I bought it.
And was impressed.

Then...Lionheart came out, and I snatched it up...and was *disappointed*!
Yes, I too must confess that I really don't like that album.  In fact,
I decided not to buy any more KB albums.  But then when NFE came out I
thought the cover was so cool I just had to give her a second chance.
And I was not disappointed.

And so, since the mid seventies I've been buying her lps, singles, eps,
bootlegs and all the rest.  A confimred Kate Bush groupie!

David T.
Champaign, IL
(soon to be living in Orono Maine -- any tips on good record stores, radio
stations...?)