Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

korean kate

From: kk4fs!s_fungus@crdgw1.ge.com (Slender Fungus)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 91 23:34:41 EST
Subject: korean kate
Comments: Validated

pi@engineering.cambridge.ac.UK (Pablo Iglesias) writes:

> Dear Love_hounds
>
> I seem to remember reading somewhere sometime (sounds pretty hazy!) that
> the South Korean version of _The Whole Story_ only had 9 tracks as those
> that were deemed to be against the military (Experiment IV, Army Dreamers and
> Breathing???) were not allowed by the govt, or at least it was thought to
> be prudent to keep them out of the record.
>
> Could anyone confirm this faKT?  My father may be going to Seul in the next
> month or so, and if this is true, I might ask him to get me a copy of the
> Korean CD.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pablo

I'm not sure about "The Whole Story", but I've bought bunches of stuff in
Korea only to find that stuff has been left out (which has left me somewhat
angry)
Specifically, "Hey Joe" was left out of my copy of Jimi Hendrix's "Live at
Winterland", two tracks were left off my copy of "Love" by the Cult, "This
is the Picture" was left off "So" by PG...
Some of the stuff was transferred pretty well (like "Live at Winterland")
while other stuff was poorly transferred (like my Korean copy of "Tubular
Bells")

So, my advice would be to stay away from the Korean stuff.

*  _/ |_ \_ | \| |_/ \_ | \   "In my dream, I am your customer,        *
*   _           _       _      and the customer is always right."      *
*  |_ | | |\ | /   | | /_                     --- Laurie Anderson      *