Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

sTuff

From: woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 91 20:15:58 EST
Subject: sTuff
Sender: woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu

hello all - and welcome to the many new faces...due to a few problems
with the dialups here, i have been a bit cut off from the net as far
news and mail goes, but it seems that the problem has been remedied.

so without further ado, a few responses.

mjm sez:
> does anyone out there remember Vickie's new email address?

if i recall correctly, chris and vickie had to disconnect their
phone service, so they can not longer access the net, but for the
record, it was <katefans@chinet.chi.il.us>.

hargie sez:
> Now now all - let's look at this closely!  How can any of us say ONE album
> is best

agreed. KaTe's albums are so varied in their style and mood that i do not
feel that any comparison is valid - except for personal ones. if _the dream-
ing does more for *you*, thatn fine - just don't go saying that one is "bet-
ter" than the other. i consider *that* the real heresay.

Joel Antipuesto sez:
> I just picked up this CD yesterday and was wondering if these recordings
> are the Cathy Demos I've heard about.  Are there more than these (there
> are 18 tracks on the CD - isn't there supposed to thrity-some-odd demos
> out)?

yes...the _if you could see me fly_ cd subsumes the tracks from the
cathy demos that were on the lp _cathy's album_. these tracks can also
be found on volumes 2-4 of the _cathy demos_ series of eps. there are
more demos available on the _passing through air_ cd, the _cathy's album
too_ lp, a cassette called either _the sensual woman_ or _fiddle_ and
the other two volumes of the _cathy demos_ eps (1 and 5 - which includes
the psychotic "duet" with her brother john, "organic acid", more properly
titled "before the fall").

incidentially, the two demos for "babooshka" that appear on the _if you
could see me fly_ cd are not part of the cathy demos.

um, i have some other tidbits, but they will have to wait for now...off to
hoboken to catch ride.

woj