Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Best of the Best

From: graham@ug.cs.dal.ca (Michael Graham)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1991 23:34:53 -0400
Subject: Re: Best of the Best
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cs.dal.ca (USENET News)

In article <1991Mar20.072715.29027@ariel.unm.edu> lazlo@TRITON.UNM.EDU (Lazlo Nibble) writes:
>cray@balr.COM (Chris Ray) writes:
>
>>>     2nd Best Kate Album:         The Sensual World
>>
>> you mean Worst?  Sanity check folks...
>
>I have a hard time using the words "Kate Bush" and "worst" in the same
>sentence, but THE SENSUAL WORLD probably wouldn't have too tough a time
>in the competition for "Least Favorite" in my book . . .
>
>And all apologia for THE DREAMING aside, HoL is *still* my favorite Kate
>album.  It is the most successful when considered as a complete work.

HoL a complete work?  One side is a bunch of great songs with a common theme -
love...except The Big Sky which I can't figure out - great song though.
                      The other side is something unto itself. The Ninth Wave
is a complete work - which is growing on me...

My "vote" for best album is The Dreaming - I LOVE every song. I consider it
the best of 6 amazing albums. Each song is brilliant. I plback to back
often - with the other albums there are usually one or two songs I skip.

mike

--
Michael Graham          |   Baldrick, you wouldn't know a subtle plan if it
graham@ug.cs.dal.ca     |   painted itself purple and danced naked on top of