Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

genesis of Katefection

From: Julianne T Dunphy <jtd18848@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 91 17:02:08 CST
Subject: genesis of Katefection

My first recollection of hearing about Kate was on MTV.  RUTH had just come
out (I think it was around fall/winter '86) and I was in the kitchen when
the video came on in the next room.  I thought it was interesting....

The next summer, I noticed HoL in my friend's LP collection and copied it onto
cassette.  I remember him saying: "The second side is neat--it has a theme."
Vague?? Hmmm...

Anyway, I loved the tape but for some reason didn't continue with the rest
until college when I picked up all the rest at Strawberries and Newbury Comics
in Cambridge, MA.

By this time, and since then, I play her CONSTANTLY (I think my roommates all
get sick of her....I *don't* know why.)
Unfortunately I have seen very few of her videos--Aargh!  Ah well, that will
all change soon....

Bye!!!!!

Julianne

--
Julianne Dunphy
jtd18848@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu

"Mhhm, yes, then I'd taken the kiss of seedcake back from his mouth..."
			--Kate Bush