Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Morning Fog

From: turney@cs.cornell.edu (Jenn Turney)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 91 17:04:49 -0500
Subject: Re: Morning Fog
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

My introduction to Kate was through a tape made for me by a friend,
with Hounds of Love on one side, The Whole Story on the other.  As
I'm sure some are aware, neither of these fits completely onto a
45 minute side.  So for a year, I never heard the ends of "The
Morning Fog" ("I'll tell my father...ha<snip>") or "Babooshka"
("Capacity to give hi<snip>").  Now I've a special attachment to
both, because the endings are just so wonderfully perfect, though
I hadn't been able to imagine them myself.  The satisfaction of the
husband's response and the crashing pots of "Babooshka", the
rejoicing, releasing "ha-ah"'s in "The Morning Fog".  Love it!

Jenn

--
________
  |  |	   turney@svax.cs.cornell.edu  |  Let us go singing as far as we go:
| |  |	   Dept. of Computer Science   |  the road will be less tedious.
\_|  |	   Cornell University	       |      		      -- Virgil