Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: "Heath (703)552-3177" <HART@vtmath.math.vt.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1991 13:31 EST

I just got back from Break, and had 70 messages waiting.
(This is NOT a complaint.  My job is BORING.)

Here's my two cents worth from the past week:

I don't have the box set booklet with me, but I'll
bring it tomorrow and describe what's in it then.

_Spot the Pigeon_ is a 3-song EP that was released
originally on 7" and 12" formats.  The three songs
are "Match of the Day", "Pigeons", and "Inside and Out".
See Andy Semple's comments; I can't improve on them.
The EP has been re-released on 3"-CD, and is still
in print in that format.  If you're having trouble
locating a copy, send me private e-mail; I can probably
round up a few.

"Excellent Birds" appeared on the album _Mister
Heartbreak_ and on the video (but not the album)
for _Home of the Brave_.  "This is the Picture"
appears on _So_, and is *not* a "slightly different
mix", but is a new recording (but which includes
some of the original recording) with added lyrics.

"Walk Through The Fire" was a track from _Against
All Odds_.  It was released on 7" (with a non-PG
b-side) and on 12" (with the same b-side, *PLUS* a
remix of "I Have the Touch" which is *not* the
'83 version and is not available elsewhere, as far
as I know).  The song also appeared on the b-side
of the "Red Rain" 12".

Re Cv:  I get *jealous* when I watch the last
video on the tape.  Does anyone else?

For anyone interested:  Mike Oldfield's new
album is out in the UK.  It's called "Heaven's Open",
and I'm a little worried.  First of all, he's
calling himself "Michael Oldfield" now, and
second of all, he's singing *lead* vocals!
For any of you who remember "Rite of Man" or
"Speak (tho' you only say farewell)", his voice
has improved, but while I think Mike Oldfield
is God, I miss the variety of vocalists he
usually employs.  Any fans out there want to
talk about this?  (privately, of course, this is
Kate's list).

I picked up "If You Could See Me Fly" on
CD last week.  It's kind of nice for a bootleg.

Heath