Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Box Set

From: jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 91 11:32:52 EST
Subject: Box Set

Tee hee, tee hee.

It's finally here.

a) Whoever it was that said that "Un Baiser D'Enfant" is better than the
original, you're right (I think someone said that; I know someone commented
on it...)

b) I remember a lot of complaining a while back because people's sets
contained the mid-line "Fame" pressings of some of the early albums.  My
set contains none of the mid-lines (phew!).  Has EMI listened to the
bitching and started giving only the regular stuff?

c) Sigh.  You're all right.  The pictures in the CD booklet are *way* too
small.  But hey, at least I have a nifty box to keep my CDs in.

d) WHAT AM I GONNA DO WITH THE STICKERS?

e) How did I live without these B-sides?  "Under the Ivy" is mindblowing.

f) First time I heard "Lord of the Reedy River," I thought it was going to
"Playing Canasta in Cold Rooms" (I wasn't looking at the track list).  Is
it just me, or is does the melody/words of that first line ("I fell in
love...") sound just like "PCiCR"?  I wish it had been, I'd love a decent
recording of that song!

g) So what if I now have two or three copies of all the TSW B-sides (this
is what happens when you mix import 12"s and CD singles with domestic
singles)?

h)  Heaven.  Absolute heaven.

<contented sigh>

Jeff

|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |
|jburka@amber.ucs.indiana.edu    |  They know the way to be happy" --KaTe |