Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Happy Rhodes

From: jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 91 21:28:48 EST
Subject: Re: Happy Rhodes
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu

mjm writes:

[stuff telling people to buy the Happy stuff]

Yeah.  What he said.

>They are too good.  Some day they will be available on CD, I am certain.

Yeah.  What he said again.

>Multiple vats of thank to Mr. Burka for the transcriptions which I have yet
>to critique seriously...

As KaTe would say, "I'm waiting..."

But in any event, I'm glad you like what I've done so far; the accuracy
is questionable in a lot of places, but hey...what can ya do?  <grin>

>Some songs from the first two volumes that are now indispensible to my life
>are:  I'll Let You Go, Moonbeam Friends, The Wretches Gone Awry (ohmygodthis
>isgreat), Noone Here (and I don't even like cats!

:-)  Moonbeam Friends and WGA are two of my favorite songs.  By anyone.
My first exposure to "I'll Let You Go" was on my copy of Vicki's "SiG 118,"
where it follows "Ecto."  I used to not like the song.  I used to fast
forward through it.    Then I transcribed it.  Wow.  "The pain will come and
eat away at my soul."  Wow.

Volume II is on the way.  If anybody wants to see the lyrics-in-progress,
drop me a line and I'll send ya a copy.

Now if we can only get Vicki to send out the lyrics to _Ecto_, which she
said she had.  I'm *dying* to see the full lyrics to "Would That I Could."

Jeff
- --
|Jeffrey C. Burka                |"I've lost my way through this world of |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   | profanities/I thrive on the wind and   |
|jburka@amber.ucs.indiana.edu    | the rain and the cold."  --Happy Rhodes|

------- End of Forwarded Message