Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Happy Rhodes

From: stern@chem.nwu.edu (Charlotte Stern)
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 91 10:31:45 CST
Subject: Happy Rhodes
Cc: stern@chem.nwu.edu

If you have not yet taken the time and put aside the money to
attain Happy Rhodes collection of tapes, you are undoubtedly missing out
on something that you will kick yourself for forever when you finally attain
them (and you will).  After listening to the first 2 volumes repeatedly
every day for a couple of weeks, I feel compelled to once again beat all
serious Kate fans and music lovers over the head about this woman.

This music really grows on you and the evolutionary process is reminiscent of
the spiritual journey on which I came to know Kate.

I cannot fathom that these volumes will *never* be on CD.  Or that they
will no longer be available on cassette pretty soon.  It is impossible.
They are too good.  Some day they will be available on CD, I am certain.

Perhaps, Vickie, you can explain why you believe that they will not be.

Multiple vats of thank to Mr. Burka for the transcriptions which I have yet
to critique seriously, but which on first glance appear to be on the whole
quite accurate.

Some songs from the first two volumes that are now indispensible to my life
are:  I'll Let You Go, Moonbeam Friends, The Wretches Gone Awry (ohmygodthis
isgreat), Noone Here (and I don't even like cats!), and my current fave,
The Chase.

You don't know what you're missing.

-seriouspostmjm (mike mendelson)