Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: the Angel Gabriel

From: E Welsh <evan@castle.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 22 Feb 91 15:13:45 GMT
Subject: Re: the Angel Gabriel
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

In article <9102220319.AA22853@bucsf.bu.edu> mas@bucsf.bu.EDU (Mark A. Semich) writes:

>Has anyone ever heard the song called "the Angel Gabriel" (or
>something like that)?  I was in _Second Coming Records_ in Harvard
>Square the other day, and saw a 3 record set of a bunch of Her songs
>and singles, and this song was one of two that I had never heard of
>before (I don't remember what the other one was called.)

This is interesting and I'd like more details...
'The Angel Gabriel' is from the BBC KaTe special from a few years ago.
It's a short acapella introduction for Peter Gabriel who guests on the
show. KaTe, Paddy and .... um .... somebody else! sing it together. He goes
on to play 'Here Comes The Flood'.
The only record I've seen this song on is a picture disc with, basically,
the sound track from the show. Its a bootleg of course.

No doubt other peoples replies re this will have arrived before mine
since I'm on the other side of the pond. Never mind.

--
/  __               /\ evan@castle.ed.ac.uk   /\ I went...             \
\ |_     \    /     \/ rew@lfcs.ed.ac.uk      \/ I saw...              /