Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

misc

From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 91 20:12:42 -0500
Subject: misc

Ron Hill got himself a audio digitizer (for his amiga, i'd wager -- yah!)
and asks:
>  Does anybody remember the song where Kate supposidly song [sic]
> lyrics "backwards" by trying to duplicate the sound of a backward tape.

yeah, it's the awesome _Leave it Open_ where she sings "We let the weirdness
in" backwards, then flips the tape.  note that this same technique was used
in the twin peaks episode with the dream of laura and the dancing "man from
another place." [can i add at this point that i worship Ms. Bush as
(at the very least) the living goddess of audio production?]

Guy Larri says
> I'm Guy Larri, I live in Adelaide, Australia, I've been reading gaffa
> for 6 months and I'm stepping out and making my first post.

welcome, Guy!  is it just me, or is it a trip that people from literal
opposite sides of the world have access to an international electronic
newsgroup dedicated to KaTe?

> Does either organisation [KBC or Homeground] offer back issues?
i dunno how easy they are to get, but if you can get back issues of the
KBC newsletter, they are worth it for the pictures alone...

Dead Dog and Lee:
i swear that there were lots of _Dreaming_ posters just a few months ago.
no, really.  anyway, i looked in the usual places and nada -- there was a
sale on whole story posters ($1.99!!!), *but* they were sold out...  i'll
keep looking, but you might want to solicit some mail order addresses or
something in the meanwhile.  sorry.

recent cd purchases include lh-recommendations:
	a.c. marias  (good -- and there's john fryer again!)
	black tape for a blue girl  (still working on an opinion...)

as well as
	le mystere des voix bulgares III (amazing -- leaves me stunned)
	syd straw (lots of fun, and richard thompson too!)
	a *second* lydia lunch album (kinda like hitting yourself in
		the head *twice*!)

and
	Blue Pearl

did i miss a discussion of this?  Blue Pearl is Youth (of Killing Joke and
_The Big Sky_) and Durga McBroom (Pink Floyd b.u. singer), with all of the
Floyd helping... and they do a cover of _Running Up That Hill_!  not a
very interesting cover, grant you, but kinda fun.  Then again, i'm not
very happy with Ms. Bush' live versions of the song:  the guitar *ought*
to play the guitar part, and leave the synth parts alone...

well, i'm outta here!

footah!
-greg -- gb10@gte.com -- "Boys in the night who scream in their delirium
			  All in a row and incidentally they've stopped
			  Begin to inhale and you end up addicted"
							-- L. Lunch