Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Not Gaffa, But Still Good

From: katsouro@cville.umd.edu (Mark Steven Katsouros)
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 91 17:27:15 GMT
Subject: Not Gaffa, But Still Good
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@wam.umd.edu (USENET Posting)

Kate is God; we all know that.  But I have frequently heard of interesting, new
musicians via this newsgroup, and thought I'd return the favor.  I recently saw
the Indigo Girls in D.C., and before them, a guy named "Darden Smith" took the
stage, and played some of the best music I've heard since Kate's last album.  I
went out and got his recent CD, "Trouble No More."  It is absolutely fantastic,
and I *strongly* recommend it!  Every cut is energetic, intelligent, and just
plain great!  When I'm not suspended in gaffa, I'm "rockin'" w/Darden.  I'd be
interested in hearing any other "hound" opinions on this great new artist...

P.S.  The Indigo Girls, while still no Kate, were also *great* as usual.

--
:[]:  Mark Steven Katsouros, Manager, Automation
 ||   University of Maryland, Department of Physical Plant
(  )  Building 003, Room 0300, College Park, MD 20742  (301) 405-3212
(__)  mkatsour@umdacc.umd.edu, katsouro@wam.umd.edu, mk63@umail.umd.edu