Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sinead wins alternative Grammy

From: lazlo@triton.unm.edu (Lazlo Nibble)
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 91 06:43:33 GMT
Subject: Re: Sinead wins alternative Grammy
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

kyrlidis@athena.mit.EDU (Agathagelos Kyrlidis) writes:

> b) 'Back on the Block' won album of the year...!?!?!.. Just how many Grammies
> must Quincy Jones win anyway?

I didn't see the Grammies but hearing this was a VERY pleasant surprise.
BACK ON THE BLOCK is a solid masterwork and a great example of a "producer's
album".  I would have a hard time coming up with many albums I enjoyed more
than this one last year.  Q has a lot of Grammy pull, but he deserves every
last bit of it.

Kate-Content: the one thing that scares me about the possibility of an
upcoming tour is the fact that in order to pull it off, Kate would almost
undoubtedly have to get some kind of commercial backing . . . and the
thought of her pulling the kind of shameless bare-faced shill routine that
MC Hammer seems to be living now just chills me to the bone.

Lazlo (lazlo@triton.cirt.unm.edu)
EINSTEIN has made the Universe!  But I can't tell you how long that will last.