Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

music/female singers

From: Jadesha@RCN.BITNET
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 91 18:02:55 EST
Subject: music/female singers

Is there anyone out there who really likes Patti Smith? I have "Horses"
and "Radio Ethiopia" and was looking for other fans of her music/poetry/
strangeness. Also Nick Drake and Fairport convention/Sandy Denny fans-
I have to get some more of their stuff. There is a wonderful singer/
guitarist around here in Harvard Square named Matt Turner who sings
fantastic versions of some of those songs. I was wondering if anyone
else had heard him, or am I a lonely cognoscenti of one?
Also, there was a Kate Bush fanzine of which the name eludes me that
accepted fiction and poetry evoking the spirit of Kate's music and I
was wondering if anyone could help me out as to what it is/was?
"I will come home again./But not until/the sun and moon meet on yon hill."-
K.B.