Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: bel canto

From: nico@cs.ruu.nl (Nico Verwer)
Date: 14 Feb 91 09:36:20 GMT
Subject: Re: bel canto
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@ruuinf.cs.ruu.nl

In <9102130644.aa07231@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu> woiccare@PEBBLES.SCT.CLARKSON.EDU writes:

>Kevin Gurney sez:
>> Sean C. Williams writes:
>>>Bel Canto ...
>> Do they ever tour?

They do. Last year, I think in september, they performed in Utrecht, Holland.
The concert was quite good, though very different from their records. They
used very few keyboards and that sort of stuff, but more acoustical
instuments. One thing that struck me, was that the soundmix was very good, not
too loud.

Apparently, they spend much of their time in Belgium. One of the band's
members, Luc van Liesholt comes definitely from Belgium. He is also a member
of Tuxedomoon.
>Bleep (Geir): North Pole By Submarine LP (SSR) -90
Bleep also works in Belgium. I didn't know that Bleep is part of Bel Canto,
but Bleep does use a lot of samples taken from BC.
--
Nico Verwer                                       | nico@cs.ruu.nl
Dept. of Computer Science, University of Utrecht  | phone: +31 30 533921