Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

bel canto

From: woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 91 6:44:04 EST
Subject: bel canto
Sender: woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu

Kevin Gurney sez:
> Sean C. Williams writes:
>>Bel Canto is a group out of belgium that sounds sort of like
>>the Cocteau Twins.

> That's funny; I thought they were Norwegian. Perhaps they record and live in
> Belgium.

they are norwegian - their work was just release on the belgian
crammed label.

> I only have "Birds of Passage" and like it a lot. Anyone know anything about
> the personnel in the band? Do they ever tour?

the band members are anneli marian drecker (vox, keys), geir jennsen (keys),
nils johanssen (guitars), luc van liesholt (horns), and michael delory (drums).
the first three are the creative forces in the band though (this is as of the
_birds of passage_ release).

here is a more or less complete discography:

1987:   White-Out Conditions LP
1988:   Blank Sheets/Chaideinoi 7"
        White-Out Conditions/Maaligaabidaa 7"
1989:   Dreaming Girl (3 mixes) 12" (Nettwerk)
1990:   Birds Of Passage LP
		       CD with Look 3 (Nettwerk)
                       Lim.Ed. CD-Box with a CD-single with Oskorei
                               and Moligobido (CBS France)
        Birds Of Passage/Manupura 7"
        Birds Of Passage(2 mixes)/Glassmaker 12" (Nettwerk)
        A Shoulder To The Wheel 7" (Nettwerk)

All is released on Crammed Discs if nothing else is indicated.

Solo Projects:
E-Man (Geir): Cassette -84
I Said Bleep (Geir, Anneli, Per): Sure Be Glad When You're Dead 12" (SSR) -89
Bleep (Geir): In Your System 12" (SSR) -89
              A Byte Of AMC 12" (SSR) -90
              North Pole By Submarine LP (SSR) -90
              Soon out: The Launch Pad 12"
+ (Nils, Per): Change This Circus 12" (SSR) -89
Y.B.U (Hans-Olav, Anneli): Keep It Up 12" (SSR) -90

woj