Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

lush, laurie, and other stuff

From: kk4fs!s_fungus@crdgw1.ge.com (Slender Fungus)
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 91 03:19:56 EST
Subject: lush, laurie, and other stuff
Comments: Validated

Are there any LUSH fans here?  I bought their new "Gala" CD and was very
impressed!  There was an interesting quote from the lead singer on 120
Minutes (on MTV)...she said something like "the more we are referred to as a
4AD band, the more we want to stray away from that sound"...this isn't
verbatim, but something to that effect...
4AD and SST records are definitely the two best record labels.
The only bands on 4AD that I didn't love were Colourbox and Clan of Xymox.

Anyway, just for the sake of telling the world this, at school, there's this
thing called Spirit Week and you show your 'school spirit' (ha) by dressing
up in various ways...Wednesday was "Favorite Singer" day...I attempted the
"Big Science" cover from Laurie Anderson...even down to the opaque
sunglasses!  My friend Dead Dog dressed up as the "Ninth Wave"
cover, sorry, no wig...but he did have a life preserver with little twigs
and leaves stuck to it...and he did try to stay moistened that day.
While I'm still telling silly little stories, here's another.
There's this thing that I'm involved with called Scholar's Bowl, where local
schools play a kind of quiz show thingo that gets broadcasted on public
television...anyway, if any of you are in the WSJK TV (Sneedville, Tennessee)
viewing area, then watch on March 21 at 5:30...at the beginning, they
introduce all the players...then, when they put the camera on me, you'll see
me holding up the "Ninth Wave" picture with a hand-drawn KT symbol with the
words "SHE'S GONNA TOUR!!!" boldly printed underneath.
I don't think the host or cameraman were very pleased about this...
whatever.
Slender Fungus