Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Passing Through Air CD

From: Phong Co <chryses@xurilka.UUCP>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 91 14:07:38 EDT
Subject: Passing Through Air CD

Hi there everyone,

I've been reading a lot about this Passing Through Air CD, which is
supposed to contain Cathy demos.  About a couple of months ago I was
browsing through an imports'n'such store, and they had a copy of what
I think now may be a copy of the aforementioned work.  Mostly Kate
and solo piano, I can't recall the songlist, but there were two
versions of (I think!) Babooshka, one of which allegedly clocks in at
0:30.  I was vaguely aware that the cassette version had gone by in
this group a year or two ago, but didn't pay much attention to it.

Anyhow, to make a long story short, I gave it a listen, and the sound
quality was not great, sort of Walkman quality.  Granted it was Kate,
but it was also $35 (Canadian).

I went back there after hearing you guys talk about it, to take
another look, but alas it was no longer there.  So, from the skimpy
info I've provided, can anyone tell me if what I saw is the object of
discussion, or a figment of my imagination?

Also at the same store, and still there at last check, was a live
Kate CD whose title slips my mind.  From the song list, it is a
transcript of the Hammersmith video.  Price is the same, CAN$35.

So what do you say, are these things worth it?

TA TA
Phong.

Phong T. Co		| I wrapped my fear around me like a blanket
chryses@xurilka.UUCP	| Sailed my ship of safety 'till I sank it
dada Indugu Inc.	| I'm crawling on your shores
Montreal, CANADA	| 			-- Emily Saliers