Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

various and sundry

From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 91 13:35:34 -0500
Subject: various and sundry

ho!

i'm finally caught up with gaffa...  here are a few more thoughts:

re photos:  thanks to Jorn for the l-h group photo key.  a few additions:

person "a" (front left) is Evan Walsh.
person "h" (behind Evan) is Andy Semple.
person "n" is Rick Bollar (whose friend Rebecca took the photo...)

re woj:  woj says

> there is a new interview picdisc out there - it's from the interview
> that i posted last summer...

if this is the disc of which i am thinking, it's worth it for 1) the front
(insert) photo (sadly small), and 2) to hear KaTe talk with her mouth full.
 ;-}
the sound quality is reasonable.  i'd pay $15, but not $35...

>  greg bossert: will you be willing to mail printouts of the _tww_ lyric
> booklets to those of us without access to a postscript printer? also
> thanks for announcing that your house is available for KaTemas. i was
> going to, but now i don't have to... :)

it continues to be my hope that i can print the lyric books on a high-
resolution laser-typesetter and copy them out onto glossy paper.  I'm
having a bit of trouble overlaying photos and text, and even more trouble
getting some free time, but regardless i will certainly make and mail
finished versions (if i have to draw them in crayon!).

as far as KaTemas is concerned, i tend to enjoy giving parties more than
attending them (?!), anyway, i'm always looking for an excuse to turn the
studio sound system all the way up...

> for those of you who care: laurie anderson's _united states live_ is
> now out on cd. four discs. yum! i order mine tomorrow.

!!!!!!!!!!!

> has anybody any ideas on what material KaTe would preform should she
> go on tour again? it is mine and meredith's feeling that she would
> concentrate on stuff *after* _lionheart_...

i dunno;  she seems to be regaining interest in vocal/solo piano settings
(_TWW_ performances, for example).  i could imagine some material from
_TKI_ and _LH_ in this format.  i would love to see _The Ninth Wave_ --
admittedly, it would be difficult to pull off, but no more so than the
_Wall_ or _The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway_, for example...  imagine KaTe
singing from this huge tank of water -- submarines and all! 8-]

oh yeah, for mike graham:  the lyric books are Aldus FreeHand documents,
developed on a Mac IIx with a lot of ram...

well, it's footah time:

footah!

-greg -- gb10@gte.com -- "what a waste.  army dreamers." KTB