Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KaTe is banned.

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 91 12:19:48 PST
Subject: Re: KaTe is banned.
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>I kid you not. KaTe has been banned here in the UK. Or to be more
>specific Army Dreamers has been placed on the official list of
>songs/films which are considered inappropriate for public broadcasting.

Someone in the UK can give specifics, but my understanding is that
these songs have not been banned, exactly.  Rather, the BBC has come
up with a list of songs that they think are innappropriate right
after Persian Gulf War news, so they are recommending that these
songs not be played then.  I don't know how strenous this
"recommendation" is, nor do I know if this recommendation holds
only for songs played immediately after war news.  I hope someone
will enlighten me.

--
Ed Suranyi             | "I couldn't hope to do it anywhere near as well
ed@das.llnl.gov        |  as Kate Bush because she is a Goddess."