Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

>>Really-From: nrc@cbema.att.com (Neal R Caldwell, Ii)

I never intended to imply that there was never a legitimate Japanese
release but someone here recently mentioned that they Japanese import
version that they received looked supiciously like a bootleg.  Is the
legitimate release still available?

>>If I recall correctly the videos on _TSF_ that are not on _The Whole
>>Story_ are, _Rolling the Ball_,
>
> This mistake seems very common nowadays, and I'm not sure why.  The
> name of this song is "Them Heavy People".  I'm sure you know that,
> Richard!  If this is the title of the song given on your copy of
> _The Single File_, then you're right: it's probably a bootleg.  The
> title is given correctly on the legitamate British and Japanese versions.

Uuuugh, how could I have said such a thing?   I guess it's this
reoccuring nightmare I've been having of two Japanese women singing
_Them Heavy People_ in lounge singer style.  Just when I think it's
coming to an end, Kate charges in and does a dance routine as the
lounge band plays on.  What could it all mean? ;-)

Oh, and while they did manage to name _THP_ correctly, the video is
mis-titled _The SingleS File_.

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com