Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

weber and stivell

From: woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 91 1:42:39 EST
Subject: weber and stivell
Sender: woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu

mjm sez:
> Also, I have recently listened to music by two Kate session musicians:
> Weber and Stivell.

weber is an ecm artist as i recall (ecm is a german jazz/weirdness label
that is well worth checking out usually). if someone would kindly list
some of his albums, i would be most appreciative.

as for alan stivell, my favorite thing of his is _a celtic symphony_. it's
on rykodisc and is a 73 minute long classical piece using celtic instru-
ments and celtic influences. i first heard it on the radio one day about
five years ago and *finally* found the cd in a used bin somewhere for real
cheap - it's probably a favorite cd of mine. it's got a cool martyn dean
cover too. :)

for a similar piece, try picking up horslips' _book of invasions_. it's
a musical retelling of the mythological history of ireland as described in
the 12th century text of teh same name. they draw heavily traditional irish
music and create a neat irish rock tapestry. *and*, a portion of one of the
tunes uses the "lagan love" melody. :)

woj