Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

If You Could See Me Fly

From: Jeff Burka <jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 91 16:57:59 -0500
Subject: If You Could See Me Fly
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Finally found a copy of this CD today, and snatched it up (of course).

I remember a little of the talk about it a month or two ago, and, of course,
didn't pay nearly enough attention to it, thinking I'd never actually
get a copy myself.

Now that I have a copy, I'd like a refresher on some of the info.

I know that it's a transfer from the vinyl of...what...Cathy's Album?

I also seem to remember that the date on the back of the CD is wrong;
it says '74; didn't IED (or someone) say it had to be '73?

I know there's been talk about the various titles that the bootleggers
have picked.  Anybody got any "correct" titles for songs on here?

Most important:  does anybody have any of the lyrics to some of these
early deoms?  I know some of 'em have come over the net, and I've saved
most of the ones I've seen (it was particularly nice to have "Organic Acid"
when I finally got a copy of the song...).  However, I think that may be
the only early song I have lyrics for.

Someone recently asked about the first track on the CD--"Babooshka",
which has a listed playing time of 0:30.  It *is* a typo, I believe
it actually runs around 2:30.  The entire CD, 19 tracks, is around 47:30.

Jeff

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |