Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: If you could see me fly

From: woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 91 0:50:13 EST
Subject: Re: If you could see me fly
Sender: woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu

mjm sez:
> I believe that (if you could see me fly) is the title of the bootleg
> disk of Kate demos.

yup.

> What is the going rate for these things?

i wouldn't pay more than $20-$25 for it personally. maybe a bit more
if i bought it through goldmine or something. it is imported after all.

> I also noticed it had some
> incorrect info on the listing of tracks, like a purported :30 Babooshka.

they screwed up the timings, yes. most of them are estimates anyways. the
titles are also lifted directly from the _cathy's album_ lp from which
this cd was mastered (hence the bad sound - well, it's not *that* bad,
but it isn't your typical cd clarity - you also have to remember that the
original recordings were made with a piece-of-shit recorder directly from
piano and voice).

> It's fun to know more about something than people who
> think they know more about it than you do...

yup.

(didn't i send you a copy of that disc? or was it the _KaTe bush live_ cd?)

woj