Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I met a Kate fan in Tower San Mateo today

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 91 19:36:31 PST
Subject: I met a Kate fan in Tower San Mateo today

I was browsing in Tower Books in San Mateo (right next to Tower Records,
of course), when I heard the clerk say the key words "Kate Bush".  I
turned around, and someone was buying the latest issue of _Homeground_.
(This seems to be available now at all Towers.)  He said to the clerk,
"I'm a member of her fan club."

I said, with deliberate loudness, "I am, too."

"Really?" he said.  "I hear this issue has lots of stuff about the
convention."

"Yeah, it does.  I was *at* the convention."

"Wow!  Tell me all about it!"

So we moved away from the counter and I told him about the convention.  He
wants to get together some time so I can show him my video collection, and
I suggested he come to the next Katemas party we have.  He's very
interested.

It's great to meet another fan!