Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

December Will Be Magic Again

From: Jeff Burka <jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 91 14:48:43 -0500
Subject: December Will Be Magic Again
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Pah.  I hate when this happens.

A while back I heard on .gaffa 'bout the EMI Christmas album ("It's Christmas"
or something silly like that) which contains DWBMA.  I want this song.  I
don't have the box set, nor am I really likely to get it (unless I find myself
with the spare time to drive up to Canada and search for a decent price...).
With luck, the B-sides will appear on their own CDs at some point, as hinted
here and there.

People have complained about paying $150+ for the 29 songs on TWW.  I hate
to contemplate spending $23 on an import CD that I want for only one song.
On the other hand, I seem to recall hearing that DWBMA on the EMI thingy
is a different version from the single/TWW version.  This, of course, gives
the EMI CD at least a little more worth.

So what do I do?  Try to find the EMI thing somewhere else for less than $23?
Is that likely to happen?  (I've kept my eyes open for it for ages; today
was the first time I've actually seen the thing).

Help!

Jeff

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |