Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

PAL

From: "Andy Gough, x4-2906, pager 420-2284, CH2-59" <AGOUGH%FAB6@sc.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 91 12:05 PST
Subject: PAL

>Date: Wed, 2 Jan 91 00:02 CST
>From: Chris Williams <gatech!chinet.chi.il.us!katefans@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
>Subject: Re: Re:Hammersmith release
>

>   Vickie posted:
>>> English viewers-I hope you really appreciate your TV system. Yes, you have
>>> to pay for it, but you're getting something very special for your money.

Ah, put PAL is at 50 Hz, so it flickers.

As an aside, I can't believe that they have a "TV Tax".  Just creates
enforcement headaches, as it is very very eash to cheat.

>  and Yli-Krekola Perttu Jaakko replied:
>> I'm looking forward to the HDTV system wich should double the resolution
>> of PAL. Most of Kate videos are shot on film so we can expect a great
>> improvement in picture within next 5 to 10 years.

HDTV is the solution to both NTSC and PAL--assuming they come up with a
good system.  However, it looks likely that Japan, the U.S., and Europe will
each have different, incompatible, systems.  :-(

-andy